Senior/Lead Analyst – Project Controlling
We are looking for a resourceful candidate to join our group based out of the firm’s office in Hyderabad, India. The candidate will be part of Accounting function and will regularly interact with U.S. and Hyderabad-based teams (as well as external parties).
WHAT YOU’LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
- Lead a team of controllers responsible for maintaining the books and records for renewable energy projects, including the recording of monthly transaction activities and completing the month-end ledger close on the company’s enterprise accounting platform.
- Oversee and review the books and records for the company’s renewable energy projects prepared by project controllers, including the following:
- Overall review responsibility for all month-end ledger close activities for a number of project entities, including bank reconciliations, receivable and payable accruals, accretions, amortizations, valuation adjustments, and GAAP presentation entries.
- Assist and work with individual project controllers and the technical accounting team to accurately assess and record renewable energy transactions (i.e. acquisitions, refinancing, etc.) under US GAAP. Coordinate with the asset management team to determine the appropriate project receivables by obtaining and reconciling electricity generation numbers, preparing invoices, reconciling prices, and other terms with the project PPA agreements.
- Adhere to the month-end closing and reporting timelines, control procedures, period-end close checklists, and income statement and balance sheet review timetables.
- Manage the audit process for each respective project group.
- Collaborate closely with various teams such as asset management, accounts payable, and accounting to ensure timely, accurate, and efficient processing and recording of transactions and resolution of queries.
- Perform a detailed review of multiple financial statements, including:
- Fundamental financial reporting standards, including presentation and disclosures of large consolidating renewable energy project groups
- Formatting of financial statement drafts (adaptive experience is beneficial)
- Review flux analysis reports as well as variances in account balances from budgets and prior periods
- Provide support to internal and external auditors in completing the statutory and internal audits for various project entities
- Work on initiatives related to establishing, standardizing, optimizing, and documenting accounting processes, workflows, and internal accounting controls.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a Chartered Accountant/Certified Public Accountant, with four to seven years of post-qualification work experience
- Possess a good understanding of U.S. GAAP with financial reporting experience
- U.S.-based audit experience, experience in the energy, real estate, or financial services sector and/or technical accounting experience is an advantage
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be an adept team player with experience in successfully managing both team of controllers/accountants and workflows
- Must have a keen understanding of financial agreements and contracts, such as credit and equity investment agreements
- Should have proficient analytical problem-solving skills
|Experience required||4 to 8 Years|
|Industry||Accounting / Finance|
|Functional Area||Accounts, Finance, Tax, Company Secretary, Audit|